Why Is Professional AC Maintenance A Must For Homeowners in Austin?
Professional AC maintenance is a must for homeowners in Texas for several reasons: you should have your AC professionally serviced by ABA Austin at least once a year. If you don’t get the unit serviced, you may only know there’s an issue once it’s much bigger and more expensive to fix. Here are some benefits of having your HVAC unit serviced by professionals:
- Expertise: Professional HVAC technicians have the training, experience, and knowledge to diagnose and repair any problems with your AC unit properly. They can also provide recommendations for improving efficiency and extending the life of your unit.
- Safety: AC units contain refrigerants that can be dangerous if handled improperly. Our professional technicians are trained and equipped to handle refrigerants safely and efficiently.
- Efficiency: Professional maintenance can help ensure that your AC unit runs at peak efficiency, reducing energy consumption and lowering energy bills.
- Compliance with Regulations: AC installation and maintenance is regulated in Texas to ensure that units are installed and maintained safely and efficiently. Professional technicians know these regulations and can ensure that your unit complies.
- Warranty Protection: As mentioned earlier, many AC manufacturers require regular maintenance as a condition of their warranties. Professional technicians can perform the required maintenance, helping to protect your warranty and keep your unit covered in the event of a malfunction.
The best time of year to have your AC serviced is early to mid-spring. For the best performance, have your unit serviced in the fall as well. Our professional technicians will focus on your furnace to prepare your system for heating demands once the temperatures cool.
Summer is a busy time for AC repair. If you wait until hot weather arrives, you could find yourself uncomfortably warm waiting for one of our HVAC technicians to fix any issues they might find. Scheduling service during the winter months is also not recommended because running the unit in cold weather can damage it. The oil inside your unit thickens when exposed to cooler external temperatures, and the resulting lack of oil circulation can cause the system to malfunction.
When hiring ABA Austin for HVAC maintenance, our technicians follow a detailed protocol to ensure your unit runs smoothly. Here’s a look at our complete 15-Point air conditioning tune-up:
- Verify cooling performance and make any necessary adjustments
- Verify temperature drop and make any necessary adjustments
- Inspect and lubricate the condenser fan motor
- Test operation and condition of compressor contractor
- Inspect start/run capacitors and relays
- Inspect the indoor evaporator coil, if accessible
- Inspect blower assembly operation, and lubricate and adjust as necessary
- Safety test all controls for proper operation
- Provide expert recommendations for keeping your system running at peak efficiency
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil and remove debris from the unit
- Check compressor amperage for proper function
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections
- Inspect for refrigerant leaks
- Flush condensate drain to protect against overflow
- Provide the customer with the complete results of the check
Contact Us For AC Maintenance Plans in the Greater Austin Area
If you are looking for a reliable AC repair and maintenance company in Austin, Tx, we can help. Our dependable HVAC technicians stand behind our jobs and work hard to provide expert services and advice to home and business owners. Schedule an Air conditioning maintenance appointment by calling our team at 512-687-1463 or fill out our online contact form to have our experts contact you.