Air Conditioner Maintenance
ABA Heating & Cooling’s Preventative Maintenance Programs are very HOT, as well as being the COOLEST in the industry!
Our team understands the importance of proper maintenance of HVAC systems. This is why we schedule and perform our unprecedented 15-Point air conditioning tune-up services in the greater Austin area before peak energy usage in the summer, to help keep you cool all summer long! Proper maintenance can help prevent costly repairs and help you save money in the long run. When your system has regular maintenance performed by a trained technician, it will not only last longer but will operate more efficiently for a much longer time. In addition, we'll also service your HVAC unit during the colder time of the season with our 26 point heating tune-up.
Combining two industry-leading services into a low annual price of $129.99!!!
15-Point Air Conditioning Tune-Up
- Verify cooling performance, temperature drop, and make any necessary adjustments
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil and remove debris from the unit
- Inspect and lubricate the condenser fan motor
- Check compressor amperage for proper function
- Test operation and condition of compressor contractor
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections
- Inspect start/run capacitors and relays
- Inspect for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect indoor evaporator coil, if accessible
- Flush condensate drain to protect against overflow
- Inspect blower assembly operation, and lubricate and adjust as necessary
- Evaluate condition of air filters and other indoor air quality accessories
- Safety test all controls for proper operation
- Provide expert recommendations for keeping your system running at peak efficiency
- Provide the customer with complete Results of Check
|Number of Systems||1x Check||Package Spring & Fall|
|Each additional unit||$29.95||Add $49.95 each|
Our maintenance plan covers all major brands of air conditioners including Arcoaire®, American Standard®, Bryant®, Carrier®, Lennox®, Payne®, Rheem®, RUUD®, Trane®, and York®. If you have a brand that is not listed, give us a call at the office to learn more about how we can help you.
If you have questions or concerns about ABA Heating & Cooling’s Preventative Maintenance Program, please give us a call at 512-687-1463!
Our AC Maintenance Service Area
- Bee Cave
- Cedar Park
- Lago Vista
- Round Rock
Frequently Asked AC Maintenance Questions
- Do air conditioning units need servicing?
- Yes, all air conditioning units need servicing. We recommend all units to be serviced twice a year to ensure any possible issues are found early. For this reason, we have tiered maintenance plans.
- How do I reset my air conditioning unit?
- Air conditioning systems don't have a reset button. If there are issues, you should have the unit inspected by a professional and if any issues are found, they must be repaired.
- How much does it cost for AC maintenance?
- Maintenance costs vary and different companies will have specifics on their plans. Our basic maintenance plan starts at 129.95 for a twice a year check and tune-up.
- How often should you have your air conditioner serviced?
- We recommend twice a year for residential split systems.
- Do heating and air conditioning systems really need regular maintenance?
- The simple answer is yes. Regular maintenance services and tune-ups can extend the lifespan of your system, increase its working efficiency, and allow technicians the opportunity to catch and address minor issues before they become major problems. This ultimately saves you money in the long-run, not to mention time and stress.
- How often do I need air conditioning and heating maintenance?
- At ABA Heating and Cooling, we recommend that you schedule tune-up services twice a year - once before the start of the summer months and once before winter begins. This can help you avoid unnecessary problems during the hottest and coldest months of the year.
- How often should I replace my filters?
- If you have disposable filters, we recommend that you replace them at least once a month. If you have washable we recommend they be cleaned once a month. For media filters they only need to be replaced once every 3 months.
- How can I keep my air conditioning drain line clean?
- Pouring a cup of bleach in the access opening in the drain line near the AC unit will help to kill any algae, mold, or mildew that has formed in the pipe. If the condensation line is clogged, you will most likely need to call a trained professional.
- What maintenance can I do myself?
- Keeping filters clean in furnaces and keeping foliage away from condensers at least 12 feet are the best things you can do to keep your equipment running smoothly on your own. Call ABA Heating and Cooling for annual tune ups and safety inspections to ensure your equipment has a longer life. We will perform maintenance and troubleshoot other problems too.