Air Conditioning Services
We understand that you live a busy life and you don’t have time to deal with the frustrations that come along with dealing with a broken AC unit. Let ABA Heating and Cooling help you with all of your AC needs.
ABA Heating and Cooling knows how hot the summers can get in the Austin area, and this is why you need AC repair, replacement, and maintenance from professionals who have many years of experience working in the industry. We have a crew of trained, professional HVAC technicians who will be able to make sure your air conditioning is in good working order. For AC installations, they will make sure your new system is operating at peak efficiency before leaving.
It’s important to keep up with your maintenance to ensure that this HVAC unit lasts for years and years. We can schedule an appointment for an AC maintenance and perform a 15-Point air conditioning tune-up. If there are any parts which need to be repaired or replaced, we can take care of this as well. Air conditioner maintenance can help to prevent costly repair and replacement jobs in the future. Preventive care is the best care!
Our NATE certified HVAC technicians can service any brand of cooling system including Arcoaire®, American Standard® , Bryant®, Carrier®, Lennox®, Payne®, Rheem®, RUUD®, Trane®, and York®. If you have a brand that is not listed, give us a call at the office to learn more about how we can help you.
Air Conditioner Maintenance
When your air conditioning is not blowing cold air any longer but the unit is not very old, you are likely due for some regular maintenance. We can provide you with a complete diagnostic checkup for every part of your air conditioning system. A tremendous benefit of regular maintenance is that it can catch and even prevent potential issues and reduce the overall cost of future repairs.
Air Conditioner Repair
If a problem is affecting your AC unit, it is important to have the issue repaired by an experienced technician who can properly assess the issue and complete the repairs following manufacturer mandated guidelines.
Air Conditioner Installation
When you've got a new property requiring the initial installation of an AC unit, it is important to have it installed by a professional company who has plenty of experience working with new installation of complete systems. This means the initial building of the ductwork and locating the unit properly to maximize the efficiency of the system.
Air Conditioner Replacement
When an AC system cannot be repaired in a cost effective manner we can install a new, more efficient replacement system. Often times, most of the existing equipment can be reused but we will occasionally need to replace the outside unit, as well as the interior blower or air handler unit to ensure the efficiency of the unit is not compromised.
Ductless Air Conditioning
If your home does not have ductwork or it is not possible to add ductwork to install a conventional central air system, we can install a ductless system that relies on a series of split systems to control the temperature on a per-room basis which can improve the overall efficiency and comfort level in the home.
Commercial Air Conditioning Services
In addition to residential services, we provide extensive repair, installation, and maintenance services for commercial air conditioning systems. We understand how important it is that your business is running smoothly and your customers are comfortable, even during the hot Austin summers.
Air Conditioning Special Offers
Contact ABA Heating & Cooling to learn more about our air conditioning services! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following frequently asked questions and answers are commonly heard by our technicians regarding AC services.
- What are the best AC brands?
- We believe most modern air conditioner brands are good as long as they are installed professionally.
- What is the most reliable air conditioner brand?
- We are a Bryant dealer by choice because we feel Bryant heating and cooling systems are the most reliable that we've worked with over the years.
- Who is the largest air conditioning manufacturer?
- The largest manufacturer of air conditioners is the Carrier / Bryant brand.
- Why do air conditioners stop working?
- Most air conditioners stop working due to failed parts. After 10 years of regular use, many parts begin to wear out. There are many common parts that wear out first which is what our technicians will check for during regular maintenance.
- Is American Standard HVAC any good?
- American Standard is known to be a top tier brand in the HVAC industry.
- Are American Standard and Trane the same company?
- Yes, American Standard and Trane are both subsidiaries of Ingersoll Rand and operate under the Trane brand name.
- How long have you been in business?
- ABA Heating and Cooling has been servicing the greater Austin area for over 20 years. We are family owned and operated and strive to provide our customers with the best service possible for the best price possible.
- What size air conditioning and heating system should I have?
- Selecting the right size heating, ventilation, or air conditioning system is important as it can improve your home's energy efficiency, reduce costs for homeowners, and ensure that your home stays comfortable all year-round. There is no one-size-fits-all rule for choosing the right size air conditioning and heating system; instead, a trained technician can look at various factors, including the size and construction of your home, and use this information to determine what size air conditioning and heating system you should have. At ABA Heating and Cooling, we provide free in-home energy analysis services to help you select the right system for your unique needs.
- What are the benefits of a wifi/programmable thermostat?
- Wifi and programmable thermostats have many benefits the biggest being that they help conserve energy which in turn helps lower your electric bill. Programmable thermostats can also allow you the ability to automatically set the ideal temperature for different seasons or times of the day, wifi thermostats also have this capability however, because its connected to the internet you have the convenience of being able to adjust it from you cell phone.
- How important is indoor air quality?
- Most homeowners don't think about the indoor air quality of their home, but it is actually very important to the overall comfort and health of you and your family members. When it comes to indoor air quality, it's important to keep in mind the following factors: ventilation, purification, humidity, and filtration. Our Comfort Specialists can help you assess your home's indoor air quality and select the right purification or filtration system, or humidifier/dehumidifier for your home.
- How can I increase my home's heating and air conditioning efficiency?
- The best way to increase the energy efficiency of your home is to select an efficient air conditioning and heating system. When it comes to heating and air conditioning, bigger doesn't always mean better. In fact, larger systems with more capacity can actually lead to reduced efficiency as they tend to cycle more rapidly, turning on and off frequently while in use. Choosing the right size air conditioning and heating system for your home can improve its overall efficiency and cleaning and replacing filters frequently can also lead to improved functioning of your system. Keeping the blower in the "on" position can also help your system heat and cool your home more efficiently as this allows for better filtration and constant air movement throughout your home. Finally, installing a wifi or programmable thermostat can also increase energy efficiency because you can program the temperature settings by the time of day.
- How can I tell if I need professional air conditioning and heating service?
- Generally speaking, if your heating, air conditioning, or ventilation systems are not working properly, it's wise to schedule service with a trained professional. How can you tell if your air conditioning and heating system isn't working properly? Check for strange noises, unusual smells, reduced efficiency, higher energy bills, or other unexplained issues with your home's systems.
- What is the SEER Rating?
- The SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) is how the efficiency of your heating and cooling equipment is measured. The SEER is the amount of cooling your system will deliver per dollar spent on electricity, as compared to other systems. For example, a 3-ton unit may have a SEER efficiency rating of 13, 14, or 15. The higher the SEER the more efficient the system will be. The SEER rating of any given unit can range anywhere from 13 to 21.
- How does the phaseout of R-22 (Freon) affect me?
- R-22 is a refrigerant often used in air conditioners and heat pumps. Because R-22 depletes the ozone layer, production and import was significantly reduced in 2010. Since 2015, there has been almost a complete ban on the production of R-22. The price of R-22 refrigerant is skyrocketing as we speak. It has already doubled since this time last year and is expected to triple in the next few years, and the supply of R-22 refrigerant is already limited, and as the phase out continues and prices rise, you can expect availability to fall. If you have an existing R-22 heat pump or air conditioning system, you do not have to rush out and buy a new R-410A system right away. You can continue using it, but at the very least, you should make sure to properly maintain your unit. Regular servicing minimizes potential environmental damage along with the higher maintenance costs due to mechanical breakdowns or refrigerant leaks. But for our customers who have R-22 systems over 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing now rather than later.
- Should the thermostat be set at ON or AUTO?
- Variable speed equipment utilizes the fan ON mode very well. This method constantly circulates the air keeping temperatures even and takes advantage of air purifying equipment.