These days everyone is talking about energy-efficient appliances and SEER ratings and you may be wondering why all the pressure to invest in these systems. Your current system is operating fine despite the fact that it is 12 years old and “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, right? Why spend money when you don’t have to? Well, there are several reasons why you should be thinking about purchasing an energy-efficient system.
1. They save money. It may seem hard to understand how spending money on a new system will save you money in the end. An energy-efficient system consumes less energy by design, up to 30% less than their older counterparts. The SEER rating on newer systems are set in regards to higher standards of efficiency, so it will operate twice as efficient as your current one.
2. A greener choice is better. Many people are making the switch to greener energy and safer choices for people and the environment. The newer Energy Star systems produce fewer chemicals that get sent up through the chimney so the impact on air quality is lessened. Reduced pollution and increased efficiency benefit everyone.
3. Fewer repairs and low-maintenance mean savings for you. A newer system requires much less upkeep than an older one. Your HVAC company will check your system for efficiency as well as needed repairs on every service or maintenance call to keep everything in good working order. An energy-efficient system cycles on and off less frequency and is able to maintain a steady temperature much better than an older one which saves homeowners money on their monthly utility costs.
4. It pays to upgrade to a better system. With all the incentives and rebates available on energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, it’s almost like the government is paying you to upgrade your system. The benefits are immediate and long-lasting, lower energy bills and help paying for the installation. What could be better?
5. Rebates through your utility company. Some states are offering incentives for homeowners to switch to energy-saving systems by applying discounts to their monthly utility bills. So you save by buying and by using a newer system.
These are just a few compelling reasons why you should consider purchasing an energy-efficient system if you have not already done so. If you are still on the fence or have questions, contact ABA Heating and Cooling. Their expert AC repair technicians are NATE-certified and can inspect your current system and tell you how you can benefit from an upgrade.