Your air conditioning system has been acting up lately and you are wondering if a repair call is needed. Although everything is working, you have heard stories from friends about what happened to them and how it could have been avoided if they’d called for service sooner. Don’t let fear of the unknown keep you down, there are a few things you can check on your own before calling for AC repair in Austin. If a repair call is needed after that you can tell them what you’ve already done to help them diagnose your problem.
• Check your air filter-they get dirty quickly and you may have forgotten to change it.
• Check your programmed thermostat settings-if you override pre-set programs they need to be rest.
• Check your outside compressor unit for obstructions like tall grass or weeds.
• Check your inside motor and blowers for any dirt or debris that may be clogging it.
• If you notice leaking or pooling of fluid near the bottom your condensate drain may need cleaning.
The system is running but is not blowing out cool air. It may be low on refrigerant and just need to be recharged or some of the moving parts may be clogged or dirty. Your system is not turning on at all. It may just need to be reset or recalibrated. Excessive noise or grinding sound-a little noise is to be expected on older systems but not loud noise, this is a sign of a problem. The blower bearings may be wearing out and need replaced after a few years of usage.